Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday, March 11, 2011

Dear Boone,

     The time is 9:17 p.m. I'm at home now. Home at my mother's house in Waipahu. At the same spot, sitting on the carpet floor within Julie's old bedroom. There are no beds, but a radio, two television sets, books, and exercise equipments. 
     Drove to the Safeway grocery store at Kapahulu Avenue. Sent a tweet to the actor Ian Somerhalder, letting him know that although this is crazy, he is my Twitter partner (just like Boone, a best friend) and I'm buying Cosmo and NYLON magazines. 
     Yesterday night after I had written to you in my diary, I searched the Web, checking Twitter. At this moment, Ian Somerhalder didn't tweet any new tweets. I saw a famous actress' and her husband's tweets. "Heartbreaking." The first word I read. Then I read a tweet from the Seattle Times. Shocking. An 8.9 magnitude earthquake struck Japan, causing a tidal wave (tsunami). Hawaii was in danger of becoming the next target to receive such devastation. 
     I tried to send a tweet, explaining the Seattle Times' retweet that I had earlier sent. But read a "bad request" reply. Then after that, my iPhone4 couldn't connect to the Internet. Frantically, I walked down the stairs to inform my mother Mabel about a tsunami hitting Oahu. The sirens were blaring loudly. Uncle Douglas was fast asleep with the TV turned on to the local news. Mabel didn't talk much. She closed her bedroom door and also went to sleep. Amazing. Then I walked to the living room and sat on the stool, turned the laptop computer on, and sent a pleading tweet to my Twitter partner, Ian Somerhalder: Sorry to bother you this late at night, but I know you're a newsworthy guy and a caring individual: Japan and Hawaii survive. After I wrote another tweet, regarding the island beaches would be "okay" and Japan needs help: 
     When I'm awake, the following morning, I hope life would be "okay" and our beaches would be safe. Japan, on the other hand, needs help.
     The following morning, Ian Somerhalder tweeted a message about this tragedy. He tweeted: I'm so so so sorry Japan as well as everywhere and everyone effected by this horrific event. Speechless. Help is on the way.
     And then I quickly sent him a reply tweet: So happy to read your tweet this morning. I'm up, eating rice & curry stew. Lunch for breakfast. Next, I'll read the news. 
     Let us talk about the current issue of this week's Entertainment Weekly's front cover Lost tomorrow night. In addition, the Cosmopolitan and NYLON magazines, which I'm going to read right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment